Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hello, and welcome to the Beach of Peter Twister.

"If I can't have what I want, I'll want what I can", from "Cosi fan tutte", of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Capitalism Rules! Comunism Sucks!

This site is certified 73% GOOD by the Gematriculator This site is certified 27% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Europe In 21 Days

It has been some time, it took me nearly 2 weeks just to upload about 200 pictures. Finally, here it is, the mega-post-of-the-bloody-death.
Here is the story of the trip I made in July, making use of a train ticket that allowed me to travel in Europe freely for 21 days.

I got out of the Netherlands on July 8th in the morning torwards Köln (Cologne), and the first thing I noticed wasthe huge Cathedral.





Then, I found some curius statues on the "Hohenzollernbrücke" (a bridge next to the central station), and began to walk by the "Frankenwerft", in the west
coast of the Rhein.
Suddenly, some kind of bar-cycle appeared in front of me:





After a afternoon walking around Köln, I headed to Braunschweig to meet Max, and watch the Germany vs Portugal match with his brother, his girlfriend, and the girlfriend of his brother.




Victory for Germany!

After that, Max took me out to celebrate in the streets, and showed me some of the city, like the cathedral and th castle of the Lord of Braunschweig.





Hello ladies!

Yeap, I like Germany.


The next day, the Football World Cup Final took place in Berlin, so I went there, were Mario, a friend I meet in Edinburgh waswaiting for me. Chamulón failed to arrive at the station that day, so I didn´t see him in the whole trip.


Michael Jordan´s trainers.

We went to a show in front of the Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor) where the German team thanked the public for their support:







After that, Mario showed me the city:

The Holocaust memorial.

The last remaining piece of Berlin´s wall.

The Reichstagsgebäude (Parliament Building).

Government Building.

More of the Reichstag.

House of the Cultures of the World.

Bellevue Palace.

The developers of the "Cañonero" american truck decided to make a car!

Siegessäule, or Victory Column.


A small break with some of Mario's friends.

Charlottenburg Palace.



We were going to watch the final outside with the crowd, but there was no splace to sit down, and we were tired for all that walking, so we end up watching it at Marios' friends' place.

The next morning, I went with Mario and his friends to Leipzig, and again he showed me the city.


The Justice Palace.



The church where Johann Sebastian Bach learned to play the organ.

There used to be a beutiful old cathedral in the place of that ugly silver building, but the commies said "we don't need religion", so they destroyed it. Some people managed to save some sculptures showed in the picture below.


Some europeans are shameless!


Faust in the Mädler Passage.

A break at the top of the City-Hochhaus building, to enjoy the view:


The Völkerschlachtdenkmal (Monument of the Battle of the Nations), that commemorates Napoleon's defeat at Leipzig.

That night I took a train to Munich:

Another Justice Palace.


The Frauenkirche (Cathedral of our Blessed Lady).


The New Town Hall.


The Old Town Hall.





Isar River.


Maximilianeum home of the Bavarian Parliament.


Friedensengel.


The Englischer Garten.


Staatskanzlei.


A monument for the fallen soldiers of WWI.


The Hofgarten.

The Residenz.

The Theatinerkirche.


I bought an autenthic bavarian hat.



The Hofbräuhaus am Platzl beer hall.

Geneve, Switzerland:



Zurich:




After a (hole) day in Switzerland, I took a night train to Paris, and headed torwards the Louvre Museum:




The Louvre's main entrance. It's forbidden to take pictures of many things, specially the paintings.









The Louvre MPalace was built over the medieval foundations of The Castle of the Louvre.




Le Grand Palais.


Le Hotel des Invalités.


École Militaire.

Champs de Mars.


Palais de Chaillot.


Yes, you guessed, La Tour Eiffel.



That night I met Peter and his girlfriend, both from Serbia.

14 July, Bastille Day!:

Le Arc de Triomphe.



Jacques Chirac.


















Notre Dame Cathedral.


Charlemagne.


The Chateau de Versailles.


After Paris and Versailles, I decided to go to the Normandy coast, so I arrived at Caen in the night, where these guys showed me the fireworks that took place that night.


Caen's WWII memorial.


Then, I went to Cherbourg, where I took a bath in the northern sea.

Later that day, I went to Bruxelles, where I found a carnival:


The Palais Royal, and the Place Royale.


Brussels' Town Hall. The architect killed himself jumping from the tower when he found out he made it asymmetric.

I was about to take the following picture of the Manneken Pis, when a strange guy came along, trying to be friendly, he made some soccer-kind-of-trick and hugged me. When we went away, I took the picture, and when I put the camera back into my bag I realised my wallet was missing. It was sort of comic when I tryed to explain an almost-don't-speaking-english-cop that I needed to block a credic card urgently. So I decided It was time to go back to Delft for some rest.

Once I was recovered, I headed torwards Italy. I took this picture in the way, in Salzburg, Austria:

Finally, after 24 hours in the train, I arrived at Venice:




Piazza San Marco.

From there, I took a night train (where I met 2 very nice argentinian girls) to get to Caserta, where Giovanni lives. He was taking an exam, so his father picked me up. His famili was so nice with me! His brother speaked spanish, and he made me a tour in a ducati motorcycle, it was awsome!

The Great Palace of Caserta.















After the tour, and some great pasta, I went to Naples, where I met Roberto and Salvatore.

Hi guys!!




The view... it's like a paradise on earth.



The big island on the back is Ischia, home of Salvatore.







Castel Nuovo.



Here the guys invited me a baba, a delicious napolitan biscuit. Just then, we met Giovanni.





The Castel dell'Ovo. I wanted a picture of us all, but the guys kept telling me "no way man, you can´t give your camera to anyone else". Roberto took the picture, How did we this? Magic.

Roberto had to go, but Giova and Salvatore invited me a true napolitan pizza, la vera pizza: Pizza Margherita, composed by mozzarella chesse, pomodoro (tomato) and basil, representing the red, white and green of the italian flag. Impossible to find it anywhere else, the rests of the pizzas are imitations.


Thank you guys for everything!!

After spending the night in Giova's home, I headed to Rome.



The Colosseo.

Arco di Costantino.





La Piazza Venezia.



The Pantheon.

Piazza Navonna.

Castel S. Angelo.

Piazza S. Pietro, Cittá del Vaticano.

Palazzo di Giustizia.

Piazza del Popolo.


I had to arrange some things regarding the ending of my staying at Delft in some days, so after Rome, my trip was a kind of race.

Firenze:


Pisa:


Monaco:









Nice (I almost witnessed a murder in this place):



Once all my businesses were finished, I still had time to visit a couple of nearby cities.

Hamburg:




Hannover:


Well, that was Europe, that was my trip. It was great while it lasted. ]Next target: The United States of America.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger perate , eating a banana on the beach, said...

La cagó. Me cansé de puro ver el post.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger che-salmóóóóón!!!!!! , eating a banana on the beach, said...

La cogo, que bacan!

Puta, me siento como el pico por lo de Berlin.. Sorry..!

Tuve problemas para ir a Berlin esamañana...

Como hiciste para despertar temprano el 1477 en Paris?!?

Yo me estaba alojando como a 5 cuadras del Champs Elisee, escuche pasar a todos los tanques, aviones, pero estab tan raja q apenas me podia mover... Y me dijeron que vo tuviste un viaje mas extremo que yo! Como pudiste? Uau!

Ah si otra cosa:

NO EXISTE MAS EL BLOG DE MARTINOCO?!?!?!? Que alguien me ayude a asimilar eso!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Peter Twister , eating a banana on the beach, said...

Creeme que cuando duermes en el banco de la plaza, no es tan macabro levantarse temprano.

Martinoco dice que no quiere que la gente se lleve una impresion incorrecta de su persona, o mas bien no quiere que la gente se lleve la impresion correcta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home